Wednesday, November 12, 2008

If you follow Food Blogs you will understand...

Kendall did tummy time while I ate breakfast.
I follow a couple food blogs (sites are to the right under Blog List if you are interested) and always wondered what it would be like to blog the food I ate. I mentioned to my co-workers that one day during my Maternity Leave I will post all that I put in my mouth just for fun. So here it is...Breakfast was banana and 2 tbsp Peanut butter mixed in Kashi oatmeal and 1 cup organic skim milk. Oh, and a prenatal MVI and 1 Omega F.A pill.

Kendall got her first set of keys today! I couldn't resist them at Target...the stop light shown lights up too. It's neat and Kendall loves them so far. She is a little bummed though b/c dad has put the Mustang away for the winter so she can't take it for a spin.

Ok, I found a Greek yogurt that I actually like! It's called OIKOS-Blueberry and one (5.3 oz) container has 13g of protein and with the 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal that I add it totals about 18g of protein! I also had about 3 cups of a spinach and romaine lettuce mix with cut up string cheese (1 oz) and 1 tbsp Caesar dressing (regular). And of course water...the entire bottled which is 26 ounces.

Snack: 1 cup skim organic milk and a Kids Clif Bar.

Dinner: 26 ounces of water, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup corn, 4 ounce serving of Cornflake breaded chicken (I typically hate chicken but I do like this recipe), 1.5 cup herb seasoned noodles (unfortunely they are not whole grain). I use olive oil instead of butter to decrease the amount of saturated fat in our meals.
Estimated Calories today: About 1800.
Well, it was a little time consuming blogging the food, but it did make me more aware of what I was going to put in my mouth. I think it is definitely valuable to those trying to lose weight or just wanting to eat healthier to write down and show someone their intake...it makes you accountable and that's a good thing.

No comments: